Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

[Mid-term] Raditya Rahman - House on Fire (Drama)



It was a cold night on spring, the radio is playing songs, Alvin's parent was about to leave

Mom:    Now my dear, i've called Arnold and David to accompany you just as you wish, don't open
the   door unless you sure it's them

Alvin:     okay mom

(Mom get out, Arnold and David enter the room)

Arnold: Hey Al, thank god you called me, i almost die of bored there

David: yeah, I was home alone, that’s scary

Alvin: I don’t know what to do if you guys don’t come

Arnold: (lowering the radio volume) hey, how about scary stories?

David: good idea, who’s first?

Alvin: Uh… I have one…  but… uh… I don’t know if I should tell it…

David: Come on! Let’s hear it!

Alvin: It’s a pretty terrible story I heard once. It all happened many years ago. There was a man who had a 7-year old son. His wife had died giving birth to the boy. They lived way out in the countryside and there were no neighbours for miles. They didn’t even have a phone, because at the time, the lines didn’t stretch out that far.

David: this is interesting

Alvin: One day, the father came home from work and he was horrified to find that his house was on fire. He immediately thought about his young son and he rushed inside, calling the boy’s name. When he heard his son answer, he realized the poor boy was trapped in his bedroom. The father ran to the door and tried to open it, but it wouldn’t budge. A beam had fallen from the bedroom ceiling and blocked the door. He banged and banged on the door with all his might, but it was too solid. He even rushed against it with his shoulder, trying to break it down, but it was no use. All the time, he could hear his son screaming. The boy was in a panic, screaming and crying out for help.

The man kept trying to batter down the door but no matter what he did, it held firm. He shouted in rage. He wailed in despair. He no longer thought about anything else, just the door and his son screaming on the other side.

Arnold : and then?

Alvin: His son burned to death in the house. The father died too. He never managed to open the door, and he stayed there to the end, desperately trying to break it down until he succumbed to the smoke and the flames...

Arnold: (looking with disgust at Alvin) that’s not scary

David: yeah, it’s more... sad...

Alvin: Wait, you don’t know the rest of the story, ever since then, the father’s ghost is still trying to open the door and save his son. And if you say… uh… well, I’d rather not say the exact words… but basically if you call himand tell him that everything is burning and ask him to come and help you, his ghost will appear at your door and take you away…

David: have you tried it?

Alvin: no, I’d be too scared to test it out.

Arnold: (feeling excitement) Hey! We should do it right now!

David: (smiling) yeah! Why not

Alvin: no! I had no desire to summon a ghost and I was already sorry I had said anything about the legend.

Arnold: (suddenly screaming) Daddy! Daddy! Help me! The flames are all around me! I’m scared!

(Alvin look at Arnold with fear while David is amused) 

Arnold: (screaming louder) “I’M BURNING, DADDY! I’M BURNING! HELP!

Alvin: STOP IT, ARNOLD! IT’S NOT FUNNY!

Arnold: What are you afraid of? Oh, come on. It’s just a stupid story… That’s all… Not even a good one. (Smirking) DADDY! PLEASE HELP ME! THE FIRE IS BURNING ME ALIVE! I’M…

(Suddenly something is banging the door and Arnold stop screaming the boys looking at each other)

Arnold: what is that noise?

David: (turning pale) if this is a joke it’s not funny...

(The banging getting louder)

David: No, no, no... what is it? I’m scared...

David: i can’t take it anymore! (running to the window and open it)

Alvin: No! Don’t!

(David jump out the window)

David: AAAAHHHH! I FELL! I’M HURT! MY BACK! AAAAHHHH! I’M HURT!

Alvin: (look out the window and see David)

(The banging got louder and followed by  a scream)

David: AAAAHHHH! I FELL! I’M HURT! HELP ME! AAAAHHHH! I’M HURT!

Arnold: Alvin, shut the window, maybe the banging get louder because of David’s scream

Alvin: (shut the window, sit, and cover his ear)

Arnold: (sit and cover ear)

(The banging getting weaker and weaker and everything was silence, only David’s is heard through the closed window)

Arnold: (looking at Alvin) what do we do now?

Alvin: Maybe we should call the police, or the fire department… or… I don’t know… an ambulance to help David

Arnold: Where is your phone?

Alvin: downstairs

Arnold: do you think it’s gone?

Alvin: Well… It’s quiet…

Arnold: That’s right… we’ll have to go down… well, I’ll go… Anyway, it’s gone, right?
 
Alvin: I guess so...

Arnold: (walking to the door, open it and look through the hallway) there’s nothing. (Looking at Alvin) It’s crazy, the door was open all the time. This stupid ghost…

(Suddenly a hand grab Arnold and pulled him through the door and the door shut, Alvin is petrified)

Alvin: (walking to the door) Arnold? Arnold are you there?

Since then, Arnold is Never seen again, both Alvin and David never talked about what happen that night

No comments:

Post a Comment