Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

[Mid-term] Adjeng Mayang Triana - Princess and The Pea (Drama)


Princess and The Pea

Narator : Once there was a Prince who wanted to marry a Princess. Only a real one would do. So he traveled through the world to find her, and everywhere things went wrong. There were Princesses aplenty, but how was he to know whether they were real Princesses? There was something not quite right about them all. So he came home again and was unhappy, because he did so want to have a real Princess.

(One evening a terrible storm blew up. It lightened and thundered and rained. It was really frightful! In the midst of it all came a knocking at the town gate. The old King went to open it.)

Stranger : (knocking on the door)

King : (open the door)

Stranger : (bow down) good evening my king, (shaking) may I take a shelter in your house? The storm is so frightening outside, and the lightning is blaring, it’s so awful.

King : who are you? I can’t just give a shelter any stranger.

Stranger : oh, im sorry my king, let me introduce myself, (bow down) my name is princess Jesselene, from Southernport kingdom.

King : oh im sorry princess, pardon my incivility, please come inside (invited in the princess). What are you doing outside in this hour and this weather princess?

Princess: (walk inside) I was on my way to my palace with my entourage, when suddenly there’s a lot of robber surrounding us. I manage to get away, but somehow I got lost in the forest, and finally I found your castle.

King: ooh, what a pity for a princess like you, please princess, you’re free in my house.

Queen : (out of her room, and see the princess. walk to them, and ask the king, and pointing out to the princess) who is that my dear?

King :(pointing out to the princess) this is princess Jesselene, from Southernport kingdom. She’s on her way to her palace, but she’s being robbed half way there, she managed to get away, and she found our castle.

Queen : oh! So you’re a princess (mumbling) We'll soon find that out soon. Come inside my dear, you should change your clothes, and I will prepare a room for you to sleep

Princess : thank you for your kindness Your Majesty.

Queen : you’re welcome dear

Princess : (walked to changed her clothes with the servant) (walked pass the prince, and smile)

Prince : (walked to the queen, and asking) who is that mother? She’s so pretty, and she had a sweet smile.

Queen : that is princess Jesselene, from Southernport kingdom. We shall find out if she’s a real princess or not. IF she’s a real princess, she will be your bride.

Prince : really? Oh, I really hope that she’s a real princess

Queen : we shall find out soon (walk away)

(The Queen then went to the bedchamber, stripped back the bedclothes, and put just one pea in the bottom of the bed. Then she took twenty mattresses and piled them on the pea. Then she took twenty eiderdown feather beds and piled them on the mattresses. Up on top of all these the Princess was to spend the night.)

Queen : (walked to the princess) how’s the bath princess?

Princess : it was nice your majesty, and thank you for the clothes

Queen : you’re welcome princess. (look outside the window) it’s getting late princess, I guess it’s time for you to take a rest, it’s a long day for you after all, let me show you your room.

Princess : thank you your majesty (following the queen)

Queen : (open a room) this is your room princess, go on and have a rest, I’ll see you in the morning

Princess : thank you your majesty. (climb to the bed)

Queen : you’re welcome (walked out the room)

Prince : (walked to the queen) mother, how you will find out if she’s a real princess or not?

Queen : I put a pea under her mattress, if she’s a real princess, her skin will be as soft as the swan’s down, and she will be able to feel the pea, even it’s under twenty mattresses.

Prince : oh I see, we shall see in the morning then.

Queen : yes my dear, now it’s getting late, we shall go to sleep too, see you my dear (walked to her room)

Prince : see you mother (walked to his room)

(In the morning, both prince and the queen come to the princess room, to wake her up)

Queen : (walked to princess room, and climb to the princess bed) Did you sleep well last night princess?

Princess : I’m sorry your majesty, but no. I scarcely slept at all. Heaven knows what's in that bed. I lay on something so hard that I'm black and blue all over. It was simply terrible.

Narator : They could see she was a real Princess and no question about it, now that she had felt one pea all the way through twenty mattresses and twenty more feather beds. Nobody but a Princess could be so delicate. So the Prince made haste to marry her, because he knew he had found a real Princess.

Prince : (to the queen) mother, is it really as I think? Is she’s a real princess?

Queen : (to the prince) yes my dear (looked at the princess) she’s a real princess.

Prince : (to the princess) princess, I know it’s way too fast, we just met last night, but I’ve been searching everywhere for a princess like you, and I just can’t find the right one, but since now I’ve found, will you marry me?

Princess : (to the prince) yes I will

Narator : The next day, a huge wedding party was held, the prince and princess live happily ever after. As for the pea, they put it in the museum. There it's still to be seen, unless somebody has taken it.

Adjtriana

1 comment: