Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

[Mid-term] Rahmat Alwi - I Couldn’t Fulfill Your Wishes (Short Story)

I couldn’t fulfill your wishes
When i was a child, i like to smile at my father. I wonder he will stare at me, but he didn’t.
I love saying “i love you” to my father, waiting him to say something. I wonder if my father heard me, but he didn’t.
I asked him to play football at the bakyard; I wonder if my father would follow me out.
I draw and hoped my father would see it, but he didn’t.
I grow up to be a cheery kid.
I made a camping place at the backyard. I wonder if my father would join just for one night, but he didn’t.
I’m looking for worms for fish-bait. I wonder if my father would go with me, but he didn’t.
I was 15.
I asked my father to sharing. I wonder if my father would share too, but he didn’t.
I gave him a championship schedule that i played, wondering if my father would come. I thought my father would come, but he didn’t.
I want to share my childhood with my father. I wonder if my father wants it too, but he didn’t.
Then, when i was 20, state assignment called me; i must go to the battlefield. My father asked me to come home safely.
But...
I couldn’t fulfill his wishes.

1 comment:

  1. This is not a short story, Alwi..This is narrative poem. So, I see it as a poem, not as a short story. Yet, this work belongs to your best work. Oya, I think the end of the poem would be better if you change the sentences into "...but ..I didn't" as what have ever suggested by Metrida (if Im not mistaken)

    ReplyDelete