Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Miraculous Land of the Boy Who Lived

The Miraculous Land of the Boy Who Lived
By: Debrina Ayu

Figure 1 : Hogsmeade's Gate
I step my foot in a magical world as an enormous Hogsmeade’s gate greets me by saying, “Please Respect the Spell Limits”. Hogsmeade looks like a Christmas card; the sky is painted a bright blue. The sun beam upon my face in the same way my gaze is embraced onto the sky. The smell of wind is like the taste of water. The crisp snow dances in the little thatched cottages and shops along the street; there are holly wreaths on the doors and strings of enchanted candles hanging in the trees. Then my heart stays in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter forever.

“Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”—Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Figure 2: The Ticket.
This is one of the attractions in Universal Studios Japan (USJ), a theme park with a collection of world-class amusement park for all ages to enjoy. As amazing as it is, one adult has to pay 7,400 yen or approximately Rp900.000,- to enter USJ meanwhile a fee for children is 5,000 yen or around Rp600,000,-.

Captivated by the view, I catch a sight of a colossal old-fashioned steam train, the Hogwarts Express. People draw closer to see the machinist wearing full uniform. There is indeed a line just to take a photograph with him.

Walking along the streets, I see people from all over the world bringing their cameras. They are dazzled to go to the Zonko’s Joke Shop, Ollivanders, Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipement, Owl Posy & Owlery, Dervish and Banges, Gladrags Wizardwear, Filch’s Emporium of Confiscated Goods, and Honeydukes as well as I am. One of the stores, Honeydukes, is a sweetshop loved by students of Hogwarts™ School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, this colorful shop is full of unique sweets. I have a chance to taste the Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans. Suitable with its name, every candy distinguishes its flavor. I choose the bright candy hoping not to get the horrible taste; indeed I taste a fruit.

Figure 3: Tea & Cakes
Figure 4: Ollivanders
Figure 6:  Dogweed & Deathcap
Figure 5: Owl Posy & Owlery






At the end of the street, I mesmerize with the scenery in front of me, a Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Words can’t even describe the beauty of it. As I enter the door, the magic comes. It is dark as if it is a night in the movie and the only sound that I can hear is my heartbeat. Too bad, I am not allowed to take a picture inside the castle. I explore Dumbeldore’s office, the Gryffindor common room, and the Defence Agaisnt the Dark Arts classroom before departing on a thrilling journey on Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Soar across the vast sky above Hogwarts at high speeds and experience the intensity of the thrilling immersive realism as the Golden Snitch races by as if within arm’s reach.


Figure 7: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is successfully reproducing the world from the Harry Potter stories on overwhelming scale and with accurate attention to detail. The rocky path has leaded me to the end of my adventure yet the charming snowscape lingers on my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment