Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mr. Yudi: A Successful Businessman

Mr. Yudi: A Successful Businessman
By Tiara Ristyana

Maybe for some people, the success can only be obtained by a person who has good education, but it does not apply to Mr.Yudi.

Yudi was born in Ulujami, Central Java. He lives in Penggilingan, East Jakarta. He is 60 years old and also he is a successful businessman without having a good educational background. He has business which is to make a pant uniform. He built his business in his house. He put his business in a big room in his house where there is so many sewing mechine as tools to produce pants uniform. The room was equipped with a radio that could be entertainment for employees when they work, beside that the room was clean so it can make employees feel comfortable.

The success that achieved by Mr. Yudi today can not be separated from his hard work, willingness and sacrifice that he did. He was formerly only an employee who worked in the same field as him, as a tailor.

“Before I had my own business, I was an employee who wants to know and learned how to sew and make clothing patterns because of that my knowledge gain."

In 1980’s, he came to Jakarta to start his business. In 1983, he moved to Penggilingan, a place where he lives until now while he’s continuing his business. He distributed his product in Jakarta to Sumatera.

Is not easy to achieve success, there are many obstacles that must be faced by someone who has a business and how someone can face that obstacles.  It is also experienced by Mr. Yudi as a successful businessman. Mr. Yudi experienced a lack of funds to start his business because he did not have enough money to buy the equipments for his business and he did not know what he should do at that time.

“At that time I was confused because I did not know what I should do. I wanted to have a business to make a pant uniform but I did not have enough money to buy the equipment for my business. I did not want my parents knew this problem until I chosed to become a tailor. That job could give me money and knowledge to start my business later.” He said with a sad face.

Yudi’s desire to have his own business turned out to be realized through his strong desire. The money that he collected to start the business growing each day and slowly he started his business, but there was an obstacle that he had to face it. It was difficult to find an employee to produce his efforts.

He said “It is difficult for me to find the employment or maintain the employment and also when the production materials rose to hinder the performance of the production. I think twice whether I wanted to continue this business or not. I asked for help to my friends to find people who want to work on my business. Finally I got 8 employees."

Mr. Yudi already had own employees and enough money to run his business. He started to sell his products by setting up a small shop in his house and then he tried to sell his products throughout Jakarta.

With friendliness and religious attitude which is applied by Mr. Yudi in building his business, it made him has many friends who wanted to buy his product and become his business partner.
He said “how to maintain this business in order to stay current is to be patient and honest in trade because if we always be patient and honest, we will get the benefit and Allah will bless us."

Mr. Yudi is a discipline person, friendly, and also firmly. In the family, he was a father who teaches his children to always be honest and patient. He did not have people who could be his inspiration. He only believed in his ability, his knowledge to build his own business.

"We live only once so when we do an activity such as trade, we must always be honest because with that, we will get prosperity abundant from Allah even though we do not have the ability and good education, Allah will surely make it easier and provide way out to us."

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is nice, Tiara..you really consider the input you've got in the class

    ReplyDelete