Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Friday, May 20, 2016

Finding a Pleasure in an Authentic Place



Finding a Pleasure in an Authentic Place

The wind blew and filled the room as I opened the windows in the dawn, while Adzan Subuh reverberated. I let the coldness stabbed my bones and covered my body until the sun came into the sky. Then I moved my feet to the grassy field. It was cold and wet, tickled the sole of my feet. The dew on the grassy field brought a clean redolence to my nose. I stayed still and closed my eyes, felt the warmness of the sun. Then I took a deep breath and let the pure air filled my lungs. Ah, my morning was always perfect at my grandparents’ home. 

Located in Kepanjen regency, Malang, the home of my grandparents is very peaceful. Entering the gate, the freshness of Kananga flowers and the sweetness of jasmine greet everyone who comes. Those smells mixed perfectly in the air and gave positive energy. Besides the grassy field, a glossy yellow hibiscus and red roses which planted side by side invariably captured attention. A purple orchid made the view more beautiful.

As well as flowers, many kinds of herbs and fruits also cultivated there. The biggest one that caught an eye is the four meters high of rambutan tree. The bloody red rambutans hanged attractively when it’s fructify and enacted people to take it. Close to the rambutan tree, a good smell came from a shorter tree but bigger fruit. It was jackfruit and its unbeatable strong yet sweet smell. Near the jackfruit tree, there was a fence that kept little herbs such as chili, ginger, galangal, tomato, and lime. Those seemed colorful as it’s grew, mixed beautifully with the green of the fresh grass. Therefore, the fertile soil made everything grew adequately there, so cooking was the best activity since whatever’s needed is available. 

At the back of the house, there was a little farm covered with a pebble ground. The roosters and ducks called each other; produced a beautiful melodious every single morning. The little splash of water heard from catfish pool as I stepped further. Moreover, there was a barn from bamboo, built for the hens and the quails that incubate their eggs. Completed with neon light at night, the barn seemed very warm yet unique to be seen. 

I believe that living in the village is more beautiful, and sometimes easier rather than in the city. The fresh and clean air provides the best oxygen for the lungs. The chilly atmospheres will always serene my mind and soul. Similarly, it overflows to boost my mood and energy. The fertile soil grows everything’s planted. If the saturated and exhausted of the glamorous of the city attack me, visiting village can be the main option to refresh and recover myself.

-Nugrahani-

No comments:

Post a Comment