Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Pure Milieu of Pecel Murni



The Pure Milieu of Pecel Murni
by Farhan Syafiq
The front part of the depot
 When everyone asking about the local food in Madiun the answer of course will be Pecel Madiun .There is a food depot in Madiun that offer you the tastiest pecel with low price. The name of the depot is Warung Pecel Murni.
I remembered the sensation when I went there for the first time. The depot was small yet simple and neat, with a cart in the front filled with side dishes. On the back of it, there was a large bamboo woven tray filled with fresh vegetables and two large bowl of pecel sauce beside it. The depot had long tables on both left and right side with a total of 11 chairs.

Before I sat down, I ordered the meal first. I ordered the not spicy pecel without bean sprout, with a sunny side egg, serundeng, and peanut brittle as the side dish, and sweet hot tea for the beverage. After I sat, I sniffed my food and smelled a fresh whiff of pecel. The plate was unique it was made of bamboo with banana leaf put on top of it. The taste was sweet and savory with soft texture of the pecel that filled my entire mouth, while the side dishes completed the taste in their own way.

The atmosphere of the depot itself was warm and welcoming, added by the chatter of and laughter of my family and other visitors the atmosphere became even more welcoming. The street in front of the depot was not too crowded, so the air was still counted as fresh. Meanwhile the entire block was crowded with other food stalls and their visitors.

Just by imagining it makes me want to go there again this year, just to feel that welcoming sensation. If some of you may be interested, just go to Jalan H. Agus Salim. The depot is easy to find because it is on one of the main streets in Madiun and opens from 5.pm. to 2.am.

No comments:

Post a Comment