Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Friday, May 20, 2016

The Serenity of Cibeureum Waterfall



The Serenity of Cibeureum Waterfall
by Jeni Nurmawati

Staring at the serenity of waterfall is the best destination to escape from the bustled activities in weekdays. Here I will tell you about the beauty that Cibereum waterfall can offer, when you cannot hear anything except the silence of the nature. All you can hear when you walk into the forest is just the leaves and branches scraping each other, the animals are singing together, and the wind is swirling more slower.

Cibereum waterfall is located in Puncak, Bogor and it takes about one hour and a half from the bottom of the Taman Nasional Gunung Gede Pangrango mountain range to the main site of the waterfall. The place is like never been reached by human, except the very fresh unpolluted air and dewdrops which fall down on the surface of the green leaves, create the serene atmosphere of the surroundings. The walking path is rocky and a little bit slippery, yet the whole ground mostly is a wet soil. Both left or right side are full of trees, with the sounds of birds chirping, monkeys shouting, and the cicadas singing. From the ground you can also see plenty of monkeys jumping from one tree to another trees and the sun light illuminating through the cavity of trees.

The logs path
My skin could feel the sensation of freezing, yet my breath could smell the scents of the wet forest. The calmness around made me forget the exhaustion of hiking the path and nearly stole my consciousness because of the amazement to this enormous creature. After half an hour walking, I arrived at the ground which made of many big logs. This ground was slope and about 25m long, with the fences in the left and the right side. From this spot the view of Pangrango mountain could be seen clearly, covered with thick mists.

When the rough walking was about to end, I could hear the sounds of giant water splashed heavily onto the surface of the stone. I was very glad because it meant that I was getting closer to the waterfall. Then I looked up over my head, there were many people gathered joyfully, but it still seemed unclear, until I continued my steps and finally could see the whole waterfall I’d been waiting for.

The waterfall was very huge and high. What a breathtaking moment to see the God’s tears overflowing in front of  my eyes. The water splashed out of my body until my clothes got all wet. The sounds of the water was the main attention in the entire forest, even the animal’s sounds nearby could suddenly disappeared. The color of the water was transparent and became crystally shining when the sun lights kissed it, turned out to be very bright reflection which was a bit flashy for everyone who glared to this magical moment.

Then, after being mesmerized by this amazing scenery, I decided to walk closer until I stood near the waterfall. I was very curious to take the water with my hand, and when I touched it, I felt that the freshness was spreading from my hands to my entire body. I could sniff the water was like the blending scents of the rockies, leaves, and dews.

The serenity of this place is the best thing I could ever find. Although the volume of the waterfall’s sound was majestically loud, it could not compete the whole composure allied with the elegance of the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment