Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Friday, May 20, 2016

The Beauty of Arjuna Temple is Calling Me



The Beauty of Arjuna Temple is Calling Me
By Amalia Fitri Annisa

At first the coldness could be felt when it touched my cheeks. No matter how thick my sweater was, it successfully slipped through them and mingled with my own body heat. As the sky dropped its tear, it could only become colder and made the mist surrounding became thicker. The cold wind could be heard also, blowing in the distance. That time I felt relieved when I came here in a big group with a guide because I felt I could get lost in this wide place.

It was started by stepping on some stone paths when it was already drizzling. I could see the sky slowly became grayer and darker, and also there were some mist in a distance. I remembered I repeatedly tripped up because of the paths were messy and were getting higher as we walked to that place. Slowly my views were changing from a stone walk path into green luscious scenery.

There were many small temples in that green land and some of them were under repairing. The temples were varied in size,  and the biggest one named Candi Arjuna. Each of the temples has one door only with some steps in front of it. The roof was cone but with stair-like shape on its side. Surrounding the temple, there was rocky ground with some of it covered by green grass, lots of cypress trees standing in line with each other, trumpet flowers in each bushes, and other trees and plants that I couldn’t tell what they were. There was also a long smooth stone path for people to walk around the complex if they didn’t want to step on the grass.

The soft green grass could be felt when I stepped on it. The grass felt so soft that it made me wanted to sit on top of it. It indeed felt so fluff and watery, like sitting on top of a cold but soft sofa. Then I stood back, looked around and I felt the air was getting colder as I move ahead.

The cold air made me felt relaxed after a long journey to come here. The green scenery was something rare to get in the big cities. Sure, the sky was getting grayer and the mist was getting thicker as the drizzle was getting heavier, but that didn’t change the fact that it would only make me feel relaxed and refreshed.

Pictures taken from Pelataran Candi Arjuna
Unfortunately, the schedule was so tight that I couldn’t stay and enjoy myself in there for a long time. When I started to get back and followed the guide, I could feel the cold but soft air touching my cheek, as if they asked me to stay there more. I could only smile and hope for that. “Maybe next time,” I murmur to them, smiling. “See you next time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment