Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Life Is Too Boring to Not Take a Challenge

 Life Is Too Boring to Not Take a Challenge
By Rizki Sulistya


Debrina giving her speech in a meeting
In a room full of serious people, the meeting was just begin, she appeared sitting, unconcerned with her surroundings, just staring at her books on her desk looking at it as if she was trying to figured out something with a pen on her fingers. She was stunt when someone called her.

20 years old Debrina is now enrolling her 6th semester as a university student whilst being in two organizations, one being a member of Constitution Commission in Student Representative Board and the other one being the head of the Legislation Board in FBS.

Everywhere she goes, everyone that knows her would greet her simply by saying “Hi Ka…” or “hi deb!”

“Being in organizations, not only I get to meet different types of people but also I get to learn something new every day”

In high school, Debrina’s first organization wasn’t a major one, in fact at first she was afraid to join any kind of organization.

“In high school I was afraid of being open to people that’s why I didn’t take any major organization and I regretted that. I realize being in organization is really fun.”

From being a staff to being the head in organization, she works her way up with a positive thought in mind.

Debrina believes that in every organization, there is always something new to learn. When she was only a staff, she learned how to be useful to people. When she became the head, she learned how to be a leader but that didn’t stop there. Her determination of being active in organizations leads her to try something new, something different. She starts all over again as being only a staff but at a higher level. “I tried something different, I learned from the beginning again because it was something different from what I’ve done before.” She said.

Debrina and her staff in a meeting
Last year, being The Head of Public Relation in Student Executive Board was one of her favorite. It was the time where she really learned how to help people without asking them to help her back.

“I learn how to be professional. Like when people force me to finish a task in a limited amount of time then I have to get it done. They don’t care about my excuses, what matter is to get the job done in no time. It was a fun yet stressful year.”

Despite active in organizations, it doesn’t stop her from getting good grades in college. In fact she maintained to keep her GPA high throughout the years.

“It can become very hectic sometimes, in a day there is a time when I have to attend a very important meeting, at the same time I have a deadline due tomorrow but I also have to teach. When that happens, the first thing I have to sacrifice is my sleeping time. I sleep only when I finish the assignments because academic is always my number one priority.”

She believes that organization is not something that stopping people from getting behind in school performances rather it is a chance to get new life experience.

“Life is too boring to not take a challenge.” She said. “I’m not perfect, but it’s not how perfect we are in organization but how we are willing to learn to take every risks and chances to keep moving on and do the best with our capability.”

1 comment:

  1. very nice writing about Debrina :) reading this makes me want to be become an undergraduate student again :D

    ReplyDelete