Be ORIGINAL and Express Your ORIGINALITY!

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Rabbit and the Turtle

Once upon a time, there were a rabbit and a turtle living in the same woods. One day, the Rabbit was boasting to every animal in the woods about how fast he could run. “I’m the fastest animal in this wood! No one else can run faster than me! I, Rabbit, can run even faster than the tiger!” the Rabbit said.
 “Look at you! Poor Turtle, the slowest animal ever exist in this wood. No matter how fast you run, you still can’t beat me, right?” He was laughing and mocking at the Turtle for being so slow.
Felt annoyed, the turtle challenged him to a race on the next day. “Oh, really you’re the fastest animal? We’ll see on the race tomorrow. Only you and me, Rabbit.” The rabbit thought this was a good joke and accepted the challenge. “Ha! You challenged me? Fine! I bet you’ll cry for losing, Turtle. Hahahahaha!” the Rabbit was so confident he would win the race.
 The day of the race came. Everyone gathered to see the race. “On the count of three! One… Two… Three…!” the Hedgehog blew a whistle, as he was the jury for the race.
As the race began, the rabbit was speeding way ahead of the turtle. Every animal was shouting to the Turtle, gave him motivation to keep going.
The rabbit got to the halfway point and could not see the turtle anywhere. The Rabbit felt hot and tired. Then he decided to stop and take a short nap. “Hah.. Hah.. Hah.. I must be far away ahead the Turtle. I’ve told him he can’t win this race. Hahaha! I better sleep for awhile and catch up later.” The Rabbit said.
Far away left behind, the turtle kept walking slowly. He never quit no matter how hot or tired he got. He just kept going. He did not give up. “Hosh.. hosh.. hosh.. it’s so hot and tiring. But I can’t just give up. It’s already half way the finish line. I must finish this race!” said the Turtle.
Hours passed, the rabbit slept longer than he had thought and woke up. “Hoaaaaaaam.. I sleep like a baby. What time is it? Where is the Turtle?” He could not see the turtle anywhere. Panicked, he went at full-speed to the finish line only to find the turtle standing there waiting for him. “I win this race! Look who’s crying for losing now, Rabbit?” said the Turtle.
The rabbit felt angry, but ashamed at the same time. Then, he apologized to the turtle for mocking him. “I’m sorry for mocking you last day. I promise I won’t do that again.” Said the Rabbit.

Vidiarsi

No comments:

Post a Comment